Help us spread the manga/manhwa love by applying for any of the positions below !
1. Scanners (Raw providers):
For this position you can do 2 things:
1. Find good quality scans for us on the internet. It takes a lot of work and sometimes it sucks because the scans just don’t exist.
2. The second option and the fast one is to scan the manga/manhwa yourself. I know it’s hard because not everyone has access to a scanner or a place where they can buy raws, but if you do please help us spread the manga/manhwa love ^^.
This is how a HQ scan should look like:
If you want to scan for us please provide us enlist MQ scans. The MQ can be leveled and cleaned and it can look good, but the LQ version is just too little and the text on it will be to hard to read. I know we have some projects that we are working on LQ scans but we want to keep that to a limit. Please come and help us release good looking scans ^^.
If you have a scanner and a place where you can buy raws and want to help out please contact us. We can pay you for the raws if necessary.
We’re currently searching for raw provider that could buy/scan for us korean manhwas!
2. J/K/C Translators:
In order to be a translator you must be fluent in the language you are translating from (Japanese/Korean/Chinese) and English.
It’s ok if you make spelling mistakes, the proofreaders will correct that.
Experience would be great, but if we are the first group you are translating for that’s ok too. There’s always a beginning for everything .
Pay attention to details. Missing translations and SFX slow editors down.
To be a proofreader you need to have very good English. You need to observe grammar and spelling mistakes that the translator might have missed while concentrating on translating.
You also need to inform us if you’ll find any missing translations.
If you want to apply for this job please be dedicated and if it’s possible, fast. Editors can’t work if the translations aren’t proofread.
4. Editors [Very needed!]:
At the moment I’m looking for EXPERIENCED editors only!
I don’t have time right now to teach anybody, but when I’ll do, I’ll come back here and post this as an announcement.
To be an editor you need to know what an editor means.
See this tutorial: Editor’s tutorial
An editor doesn’t fix spelling and grammar mistakes, that’s the proofreader’s job. As an editor you’ll need to clean the raws and put the english text on them (typeset them).
Please be DEDICATED. Don’t apply if you don’t think you’ll have the time to do it.
Till then, if you feel like helping, please apply.
See here a list of available projects: click me!
5. Quality Checkers:
As a QC-er you job is to check a chapter before it’s going to be released. A chapter is checked for editing, translation and proofreading mistakes. A QC-er must be familiar with 2 jobs: proofreading and editing. Please be dedicated if you want to help.
We need QC-ers for all our projects!
Please apply here!
6. Maintenance Staff: [position closed for now]
Since this is a small forum, I don’t think I need more than 2 moderators.
What do you have to do in order to be accepted as a Maintenance Staff:
1. Be ready to spend a lot of time on the forum.
2. You need to erase all spam post.
3. Deal with all the people that are new on the forum, have patience with them and make them understand our rules.
4. Report people that don’t respect the rules to the admins.
5. Do you have experience moderating other forums? Experience is necessary.