Sign in to follow this  
Guest epikwonder

Petshop of Horrors... <3

Yes yes, I know it sounds lame. Who would want to read about little animals?? :-P

But it's not quite like that. There's two "series" for this manga, if you will. The first one (which can be read online), I call it the original, and there's "Tokyo Petshop of Horrors," the second one (which can be bought at US bookstores and isn't online as far as I know...)

The art is slightly more old-mangastylish, if you know what I mean. The plot's great!

Basically, the storyline is there's a petshop in Chinatown which is run by a mysterious man called Count D. And in both series, there's someone trying to bust D's business because many people who have bought his pets have.. well, died.

Anyway, I love love LOVE this manga series and if you ever get a chance to check it out, I hope it'll fine a new place in your heart. @[email protected]

Oh, I read the first volume to this series! I loved it! All the characters were so interesting, and the artwork was really pretty!!!!!!!!! @[email protected] I guess I should look it up again!

Yes yes yes! :D It's vuuury good. Hahaha.

I love this one. It has steady position in my "top-ten" manga list :) I expected an average manga by description, but it was much-much better. I like the idea about rare animals and Count D personality. Hmm, I'm not sure how to tell in English - the meaning of stories is pretty sharp... I was suprised with the form, almost every chapter looks as "short-story", but it's still connected to series with some little part (and of course with protagonists). Pretty unusual, I think. Mostly, if I start to read from 2th or later volume, I miss the content of previous.

It's true the art is little "old-looking", but still very nice and by my opinion, it suits the story. Count D is little old-stylish too :-)

I'm curious about sequel, I don't read it yet.

I read this! I found the plot very interesting and the artwork really pretty. I was, however, unsatisfied with the way it ended. So I'm extremely looking forward to the sequel and more of Count D's animals.

P.S Does anyone remember that story with this little girl who attacks people and Count D looking at this pond inside of a room in his store. At the end, the pond becomes dry and Count D says something along the lines of 'A new species shouldn't be left out in the open' or something like that...? I got confuse with that subplot.

i quite loved the first series, even though it ended the way it did. :D but not so enamored with the second -- it's just not the same without leon!

I haven't read the manga, but I re-watched the anime version recently. I like the theme of people becoming victims of their own desires. The art may be a bit dated, but the plot is still fascinating.