Welcome to Evil Flowers Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Recruiting: J Translators [Open], K Translators [Open], & C Translators [Open]

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Tessa

Tessa

Jan-itor

• Founders
  • 3961 posts
  • LocationRomania/Bucharest

Donator

In order to be a translator you must be fluent in the language you are translating from (Japanese/Korean/Chinese) and English. It's ok if you make spelling mistakes, the proofreaders will correct that.
Experience would be great, but if we are the first group you are translating for that's fine too. Everybody has to start somewhere.
Pay attention to details. Missing translations and SFX slow editors down.
If you feel like helping please apply! oni36
You can leave a reply here or send a private message to the respective Head Translators [Chinese, Japanese-> SoRa; Korean-> Sepia]. Afterwards they will send you your test. Please wait up to 7 days for the head translator to send you the translation test. If you do not receive your test after 7 days feel free to "bump" the thread in case we missed you.

If you have problems posting on this forum or sending private messages, please check that you have validated your account first. If your profile says "Group: Validating" you will not be able to post or send messages until you have activated your account via email.

east

east

Retired KTL

• Evil Lovers
  • 3 posts
Hi
I would like to apply to be a Korean translator. I sort of have experiences, making subtitles and stuff. I'm fluent with English and Korean. Thanks!

dalkom~candy

dalkom~candy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationin the candy shop
hi i would like to apply for a korean-english translator. I'm from Korea and I go to an international school for 7 years.Never done anything before though

harrie712

harrie712

Retired Chinese Translator

• Evil Lovers
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA
Hi, I'd like to apply as a Chinese translator.

I'm new but I'm fluent in Mandarin and English. oni36

bunnycarrot

bunnycarrot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. :)
I'm a 19 year-old college student and I'm fluent in both Japanese and English. I was reading this manga on a certain webpage and I found out that you guys are looking for Japanese manga translators.
Since I'm familiar with the both languages, and languages are one of the things into which I can give all of my efforts, in other words I have unmeasureable motivation when it comes to languages, I believe I have a potential to help translate manga into English.

So I would like to apply for a japanese manga translator, I wanna join. :)

Edited by SoRa., 12 February 2012 - 02:33 PM.
Test Sent

AgentSushi

AgentSushi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSomewhere eating sushi
Hello ^^
I was wondering if you still need Chinese translators? I was born in China but moved to Canada at a young age. I can speak Chinese fluently and I can read and write pretty well. Is it in Traditional Chinese? I can read some Traditional Chinese but not all, if I do come across a word I don't know then I can always grab a dictionary or just get my Mother ^^
I have no experience at all but I will give it my all if you choose to use me~

Please let me join? >w< I would love to help

Edited by Cheesecake, 17 February 2012 - 08:11 PM.
Sent.

KylieTsubaki

KylieTsubaki

Retired Proofreader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
HEY there, I would like to apply for the position of chinese translator. I am fluent in both speaking and writing chinese. I have not had any experience translating any manga before, but i would like to start here:). Hope i can be part of this group:)

Edited by Cheesecake, 23 February 2012 - 05:05 AM.
Sent.

<div style="filter:Glow(color={COLOR},strength=4);color:#ffffff;height:110%">今日、恋をはじめます

PrincessKylie</div>

All you need is LOVE

Damon

Damon

Evil Dead Leaves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEurope
Hello, I'd like to apply as a Korean-English translator. I am not Korean but I've lived there from a young age and speak it fluently~

Also some experience in other scanlations.

Peace is a lie.

There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain my strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power,
I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sapphire

Sapphire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
Hi. i'd like to apply as a KTL..
i am a Korean, but i've been living abroad for long..
i am better in English that in Korean.
but i would want to try...
i dont have experience in this...

youni89

youni89

Retired Korean Translator

• Evil Lovers
  • 9 posts
HI!

Im new, but I want to try being a Korean translator!

Thanks!

Unidentified-soul

Unidentified-soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSingapore
Hello!!:)

I'd like to apply as a Chinese-English Translator.

I'm fluent in both English and Madarin. (Probably because I speak English with my mum and Chinese with my dad.) I can read and write both traditional and simplified Chinese. I have some friends who work as translators and I help them out sometimes so I guess I have some experince.

Pretty please? I'd really like to help. :)

exquisitexp

exquisitexp

Translreadsetterator

• Moderators
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWindy Chicago~

Hello!!:)

I'd like to apply as a Chinese-English Translator.

I'm fluent in both English and Madarin. (Probably because I speak English with my mum and Chinese with my dad.) I can read and write both traditional and simplified Chinese. I have some friends who work as translators and I help them out sometimes so I guess I have some experince.

Pretty please? I'd really like to help. :)

Test sent :)
Good luck!

Posted Image

Spoiler

Jya

Jya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I'm looking to be a Japanese translator!

Let me know what I need to do -- thanks!

Edited by SoRa., 15 March 2012 - 01:09 AM.
Test sent! Good luck~

joopinks

joopinks

Korean Translator

• Korean Translators
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY
Hello! I'm interested in being a Korean translator, particularly for Chiro Star Project.
I have experience translating (helped out with Goong the drama and at a few scanlation groups, though I'm most active at Transcendence atm with Bibi and Ryuu no Hanawazurai and Joou no Hana).

Edited by Sepia, 21 March 2012 - 08:16 PM.
test sent~

dimora

dimora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I am interested in translating Japanese, and am most interested in the series Orange Chocolate, but a different series will be fine for me also.

Edited by SoRa., 22 March 2012 - 02:01 PM.
Test sent~

lat

lat

EF Overlord huhuhu (& hamster Empress xD)

• Co-Founder
  • 4044 posts
  • LocationRainy England~

Donator

awesome xD We need a Translator for it as the current TL has gone on hiatus/MIA oni52 Thank you for applying! Good luck :D

2iihfdfjpg-1.png

Active!!! YAY!
Come Join Us!!~~~
* Editors (lots of yummy projects for you!)
* Japanese, Chinese & Korean Translators

@staffers - Remember our key spreadsheets for all our projects, please remember to update this with your assigned work. If you get assigned work, please check the spreadsheets to make sure it won't duplicate with others (just in case!)~

Updated: 28th June 2014~
Currently Working On:

Spoiler

connor1504

connor1504

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth... No Where Else
Hi, i'd like to translate from Japanese to English. This would be my first project and quite frankly i'd probably be mostly doing simple thing's like translating Minor greetings, and sound effects.Posted Image
Please Responde as Soon as possable. ThanksPosted Image

p.s you can probably tell i like the onion emots.Posted Image

Edited by SoRa., 05 April 2012 - 01:43 AM.
Test sent.

Airspear

Airspear

Chinese Translator

• Chinese Translators
  • 83 posts

Donator

Hi~Posted Image
I would like to apply for Chinese to English translator if it's still open. I can read simplified and a bit of traditional.
As for experience, I've worked on CRASH and 2 oneshots.

Posted ImageHope to work with you.

Edited by exquisitexp, 11 April 2012 - 08:26 AM.
Test sent~ :3

Updated 11/10/14

Working on:
Hiatus  oni1

tranquility

tranquility

Evil Dead Leaves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I would like to apply to be a Korean to English translator. I'm fluent in both languages. I don't have any experience with an actual scanlation group, but I used to make quick scanlations of some Korean manhwas for my non-Korean friends.

Let me know~ Thanks!Posted Image

Edited by Sepia, 19 April 2012 - 02:36 PM.
test sent! <:

honobono.hidenka

honobono.hidenka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. Can I apply as a Japanese translator? I still don't have any experience though.

Edited by SoRa., 23 April 2012 - 11:05 PM.
Test Sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users