Sign in to follow this  
tora08

Shounen Onmyouji

Has anyone read the short novels called Shounen Onmyouji? It was turned into an anime series, and I think it's pretty cool! Of course, the short novels have much more story...I think they are even still going!

3293-shounenonmyoujitv_large.jpgright04.jpg

Here's the intro:

Ending song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuTdgSAyvk

Yeah, it probably looks cheesy to some people, but I like past/mythology type of settings, and it's fun to watch. @[email protected]

~*~.............~*~.............~*~

Summary

"Abe no Masahiro is the grandson of the greatest onmyouji Abe no Seimei. His grandfather sealed his sixth sense in order to protect him. He doesn't know about it until he meets Mokkun (note: Mokkun is a powerful spirit who normally stays as a furry little rabbit-looking animal, lol) . While Masahiro is fighting his first monster, he breaks the seal and his quest to become the greatest onmyouji begins." (AnimeNewsNetwork)

There are currently 25 short novles, of which there are five story arcs. The anime has 26 episodes, and only covers those first two arcs.

Onmyouji Definition

For those that don't know what onmyouji is, "OnmyÅdÅ (陰陽é“?, also In'yÅdÅ) is a traditional Japanese esoteric cosmology, a mixture of natural science and occultism. It is based on the Chinese philosophies of Wu Xing and Yin and yang, introduced into Japan at the turn of the 6th century, and accepted as a practical system of divination. These practices were influenced further by Taoism, Buddhism and Shintoism, and evolved into present-day onmyÅdÅ around the late 7th century." (wikipedia.org)

~*~.............~*~.............~*~

I haven't read/seen it yet. hmm.. don't even think i've heard about it,if i think harder . @[email protected]

Anyway...since u posted in the manga section, can i assume that u liked the manga more than the anime? @[email protected]

It seems nice so it's certainly going to my "plan to watch/read " list ^^ . Thanks for the recommendation! @[email protected]

i didn't entirely read the short novels since not all are translated in english...

(i wanna know what happened in the novel that the anime left of, at the near to the end of the last scene of the last ep!~X3)

the opening song really rocks!~X3

Are the novels very similar to the anime? I watched anime and liked it. I would consider looking into the novels if they are basically the same thing.

i've seen this anime, but didnt watch it cuz i had a feeling it wud be one of those sad depressing anime where someone will die or disappear later....is it? mayb i shud try to watch it....

i have watched the anime but I have not read the manga. Is the manga been licensed or someone still scanlating it?

Noir joint with fate scanlations did~

The manga has 6 chapter~(seriously, only 6)