Sign in to follow this  
Sakura19

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!  Nice to meet you all!

I wanted to introduce myself here as I hope to be a Japanese translator for EF.  I haven't posted on forums too often, but I love reading them as they give great suggestions for manga and anime series to read (as well as other things).

I have been working in Japan for a little over a year after I graduated from university where I studied Japanese).  I hope to be a translator in the future and while I think my Japanese is good enough, I don't have a lot of experience in actual translation.  I love reading Japanese and want to improve myself so that I can become a great translator.  

I also decided to join because I want to give back to the community that translated manga for those who couldn't read Japanese now that I can help.  I will do my best so that others can also enjoy their favorite manga quickly.

I hope to get along well with everyone!

Hi Sakura~

Welcome to EF! I hope you enjoy your time here with us :)

How did you find the N2 test? I did mine a looooong time ago and I found it really fun ;3 I've been thinking of taking N1 for a long while now but still haven't had the chance to study for it -___- Hopefully one day I'll have the time to do so :D

What are you working as in Japan right now?

I also decided to join because I want to give back to the community that translated manga for those who couldn't read Japanese now that I can help.  I will do my best so that others can also enjoy their favorite manga quickly.

Awwww <3 if only everyone thought that way, we wouldn't be short of translators all the time xDD

Thanks for applying!

I fond the N2 test a little hard, but I think I did ok.  I'll find out for sure sometime in January.  Good luck on the N1 when you decide to tae it.  

I am working as an English teacher at elementary schools (The kids are so cute!).

Hope I pass EF's test!

Oh, are you with JET? I was thinking of applying in a year or two, but I'm scared they'll say no.

(and in my experience Japanese kids are.. either super cute and terrifying monsters. like plz 6 years don't pull my skirt. although having 6 of them stare into my eyes shouting "midori no me, midori no me!" over and over was pretty cute so)

Good luck on the test! I hope you passed your N2 too (:

Yes Fae, I am with JET.  I'm sure you'll do fine.  I've been told that being able to speak Japanese is a plus so it could help your chances getting accepted.  While I live in a rural area so things could be different in the cities, all the kids are nice, good kids.  My kids haven't done anything weird to me yet.

Ahh, neato. Hopefully it goes well. There's not too much competition from my own country, so I like to think it makes it easier. Yeah, generally they're great sweeties. Just 7 out of the 60+ kids in this place were a bit mad. + I think I forgot how to deal with kids so I didn't handle it perfectly =o='';;

Hi there, welcome to EF! Wow, that's amazing going to a foreign country to teach. Aren't you getting homesick sometimes or do you have relatives there?