Sign in to follow this  
Fae

'Sup ya all

Hi, nice to meet you. It's been a while since I last used forums o__o;; I love forums a lot though -they're so small and community based? It's lovely.

TBH, I don't read a whole lot of manga -I watch a ton of anime instead ;o:' I'm not good at picking out titles I want to read? (or I get lost on which chapters I was on >__<)

About me; I'm a fourth year in uni studying Japanese translation. i'm currently avoiding doing this ugly economic one because eww i don't even kanji plz stop   Gonna be honest I'm joining because when I graduate I'll need to have experience and hip new companies are cool with that exp coming from scanalations.

also 'cause translation is pretty fun once you can read the wretched thing and you feel all successful about it. Can I ask how much time either per chapter or per week/month you guys spend on translating? Obviously it'd vary from person to person. I know an a4 page of economics takes me.. like 2 days+

(whoops this got long. I'm always long-winded though so that's not surprising).

Hi, nice to meet you. It's been a while since I last used forums o__o;; I love forums a lot though -they're so small and community based? It's lovely.

Ah, I used to love forums a lot as well. Now everyone's on Facebook and Co. Relevant discussions are long gone. oni60

I graduate I'll need to have experience and hip new companies are cool with that exp coming from scanalations.

Really? @.@ Wow, that's so cool ^^. Well, I'll poke Sora to send you the test soon. I hope you'll enjoy working with us. Sorry nobody replied to you right away. We're all rather busy with scanlating and managing the site. :)

Can I ask how much time either per chapter or per week/month you guys spend on translating?

Depends on the project and your free time, but most translators can translate 1-2 chapter per week :P .

Can you name a few of your favorite animes? :)

Ah, I used to love forums a lot as well. Now everyone's on Facebook and Co. Relevant discussions are long gone.  oni60

Yeah, personally I always feel like their too big to feel much sense of community? And I find facebook a pain to navigate.... 

Really? @.@ Wow, that's so cool ^^. Well, I'll poke Sora to send you the test soon. I hope you'll enjoy working with us. Sorry nobody replied to you right away. We're all rather busy with scanlating and managing the site.  :)

Yep!! You have to be a little picky.. older literary companies might not like it very much. Scanalations and Fansubs come up a lot in my course. Because ye all changed the rules so much, and it's interesting about the issues of invisibility of translators, copyright, ownership.. did you know in US law the translation belongs to the original author? We don't even get ownership of our own work. It's outrageous!! 

That's no problem, I have an assignment due on Wednesday anyway, so I don't really have time at this exact moment. I just got really excited!!

I guess I could try to get that much done. I'll time myself on the test to get an idea ^^

And anime I like?? Ohh, well at the moment Gekkan Shoujou Nozaki-kun, Haikyuu (though I can't quite bring myself to enjoy the manga ;__; ). I'm a sucker for magic-y stories.. though lately I've been wanting to watch more about college students and working adults.. I think I'm growing out of highschool stories =o=;;;

I started reading Pika-Ichi when I saw it here -something about it has me raptured??

Nice to meet you, Fae~!!

I'm misodare. call me miso :3

I never knew there were translation courses in uni! 

I hope you pass the TL test!!

I love nozaki-kun!!  It's so freakin funny  oni43

and I love Haikyuu so much!!  oni54

Tsukki omg <3

Who's your fav character? :D

sorry about the super informal message. especially since you're a senpai to me >.<

Hi Miso, nice to meet you!
There's only a few tbh! =o='' Translation theory only really became a thing in this century. I hope I pass it too!! It might be kinda ironic if I didn't ;__; (I will have to apologize to my senseis =P)

I hope Nozaki will get a second season some day.. But I kinda doubt it. Anime don't get second seasons so easily these days :<

mhmm, i really liked Sugawara!! I was crazy excited when me and my friends did the Myers Briggs test on tv tropes and he was in my list *U* 

Tsukki is like -I feel if he had his own episode or more screen time I'd start liking him more?? for now he kinda scares me (tall people are legit scary). He's pretty darn cute tho'

pwshhh no worries; you're here before me so I think that makes YOU senpai?? I understand keigo's grammar but the culture is like ???