Sign in to follow this  
iamsoocool

Masca the Beginning latest chapter discussion

I figured this could be a good place to do some discussions of the current chapters.

So I'm confused with the poison. I thought Kainen had drank it all because he was saying he couldn't have her die because of her love for him. But she did drink some and it slowly ate away at her? And did Kainen actually like her but couldn't bring himself to say anything and so that's why he was so forthcoming with Asarell because he didn't want her to getaway form him without her knowing how he felt? I love the story but the plots pretty confusing with all the characters and the various histories they share. So please shre your thoughts :)

Mmh, I hope I did understand your question and confusion right. I think Kainen does like Rea (she is beauty unrivaled after all) and he feels desire for her but he is not in love with her. Despite her beauty she failed to move his heart. Kainen is gentle and caring and keeps his promises (that's why Asarella later calls him "promise keeper") but his heart is without human emotions.

Only after meeting Asarella he began to change because she was able to move his heart and that's why he got to feel emotions (like anxiety, jealousy and so forth) like a human. As you read in Masca, Kainen is pretty troubled by these emotions and has a hard time to deal with them. *lol*