FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]

ayne

:blobderpy: ASK ALL THE THINGS!

Table of Contents (Ctrl+F to skip to it):

• What is Evil Flowers?
  • When will the next chapter of X project come out?
  • How can I contact you?
  • Where can I read/download your released chapters?
  • Why does it say that I don't have permission to access the downloads?
  • Why haven't I received my validation email?
  • I signed up for an account but I put the wrong email so my validation email is being sent to the wrong address! What do I do?
  • I signed up for an account but I typed my username wrong! What do I do?
  • Can I host your releases on other sites?
  • Can I join your scanlation group?
  • Why are you asking for donations if you are a non-profit group?
  • How can I donate?
  • Something is not working or a download link is broken.
  • Do you accept joints?
  • From where are the pictures on your site?
  • Is this series dropped?
  • What's the status of ___ ongoing project?

• Can our group rescanlate your releases into another language?

• Do you scanlate licensed manga?

• Can I request a manga title for you to scanlate?

• How do I open rar files?

• What type of manga do you scan?

• I have a question that hasn't been answered yet.

What is Evil Flowers?
We are a scanlation group dedicated to all manga/manhwa fans out there. We started releasing on May 20th, 2009, and we hope to stay here with you for a very long time. We do not own the rights to any of the manga/manhwa we've scanlated, and we do not have permission from the copyright holders to scanlate these projects. All legal rights belong to the authors, artists, and publishers. We do, however, take credit for the translation from Japanese/Chinese/Korean to English, as well as for the editing process (erasing Japanese/Chinese/Korean text and inserting our English translation). We request that no one uses our edits or translations without our permission.

When will the next chapter of X project come out?
Sometimes I wish I knew the answer to that question. It takes a lot of time and effort to finish a chapter. Sometimes you'll get a chapter right after another from the same title, and sometimes you might have to wait even 1-2 months for a new chapter. The most common reason for this is a lack of staff members. If we have all the staff that we need, you can be sure that you'll get at least 1 chapter per week from the project(s) that most interests you. Anyway, if you want your favorite project to be released faster, please consider helping out by joining our team or recruiting staff members for us. See the recruitment area.

How can I contact you?
Various ways: you can go to the forum and send a private message to one of the admins [active: @ayne, @Cheesecake, @lat, @SoRa., @x5ga, or @Melita_H], or you can send us a mail at [email protected].

Where can I read/download your released chapters?
Go to "Projects", choose from the dropdown menu: 'Ongoing', 'Completed', 'Oneshots', or 'Dropped', and then click on the title you're interested in. There you have two links: one leads you to our online reader and the other to downloads. If you'd like to download a chapter then click on the second link. There you'll find the links to all our releases from that specific title. Click on a chapter's name to download it. Please note that downloads for newly released chapters are up two days after they are added to the reader.

Why does it say that I don't have permission to access the downloads?
You must have an account here on the forum in order to access the downloads section. If you're still unable to access the downloads section even after you've created an account, please make sure that you've activated your account through your email. If you're having problems activating your account, please try the following: http://screencast.com/t/ZXex4QBqVoak

Why haven't I received my validation email?
If you've double-checked that you entered your email address correctly (see next question) and checked your spam folder and still have not received an email after 15 minutes then one of the admins will have to manually approve your account. To get in touch with us please try the following:

• For immediate response go to our discord chat and ask if an admin can help you activate your account. Please include your forum name.
  • If nobody is available in the chat you can contact us at [email protected]. Please include your forum name and email address for the account.

I signed up for an account but I put the wrong email so my validation email is being sent to the wrong address! What do I do?
You do not have to make a new account. Simply go to your User CP and change your email to the correct one. Then resend the validation email.

I signed up for an account but I typed my username wrong! What do I do?
You do not have to make a new account. Once you have validated your account simply go to your User CP and click on the Display Name tag and put in the new name.

Can I host your releases on other sites?
No, we only allow Batoto to host our releases.

Can I join your scanlation group?
Of course! We are always glad to have more slave-I mean lovely staff members who are willing to help out ^^. Go to our Recruitment area to see the details about how you can help.

Why are you asking for donations if you are a non-profit group?
Read this to answer your question: Why Donate?

How can I donate?
You can donate to us through PayPal. On the right side of the Forum or the News portal you can see our donation box which you can use to donate. Any amount is appreciated!

Something is not working or a download link is broken.
Please inform us about any problem that you encounter regarding our site or downloads. Please leave a post in the Bug Report or write an e-mail to [email protected].

Do you accept joints?
Usually yes. It still depends on what project you want to do the joint for and what are you missing [editor, translator, etc.]. See Joint Requests for more information.

From where are the pictures on your site?
Various places. Contact @Tessa if you are interested in any of the images. The credits for all the images used on this site go to the rightful artists and mangaka.

Is this series dropped?

Project will be moved to Dropped Projects if it is. Otherwise we're still working on it

What's the status of ___ ongoing project?

Check out our Project Status page

Can our group rescanlate your releases into another language?
Yes, but you'd have to ask for permission. See Re-Translation Requests for more information.

Do you scanlate licensed manga?
Sometimes. We scan them for now, but after we complete the licensed projects we're currently working on, we're going to stop working on licensed titles. From now on we'll only pick a licensed title if the publisher has officially dropped it or hasn't released any volumes of it for more than 1 or 2 years. We recommend that you buy the titles that were licensed in English and support the mangaka.

Can I request a manga title for you to scanlate?
No. We're working on what we like and find/buy. From time to time we'll ask our fans to choose a title from a list of titles, but usually the staff are the ones who suggest a new project. After all, they are the ones who are going to work on it later on.

How do I open rar files?
Download and install WinRAR (Google is your friend). It's free, kinda. You can still use it after you passed the trial period. An alternative is 7zip, which is 100% free.

What type of manga do you scan?
Shoujo/Josei/Seinen/Shounen. For now we don't have any shounen projects, but if we have staff who are interested in a shounen project we will consider it. We do not work on shounen-ai/shoujo-ai/hentai/yaoi/yuri titles. Maybe only in extreme cases and if we have members who are interested in it, we might do 1 or 2 shounen-ai or shoujo-ai titles.

I have a question that hasn't been answered yet.
Then contact us: [email protected]. [if it's a question that was already answered in this FAQ we might not reply.]

ayne, aka ayane, ayns, and all the mistyped versions...