Sign in to follow this  
Nekomikoto

How do you stay focused when TL/PR/CL/TS/QCing?

So I am just curious, when you TL/PR/CL/TS/QC, how do you do it nonstop for a long time? oni55

this might sound silly but personally after cleaning a few pages I always end up doing something else (whether it be neopets or playing on my iphone) oni50 but then im like oni80 NO I MUST KEEP WORKING!

So how do you keep diligent? oni86

heheh It's an interesting question XD

I do a variety of things really:

proofreading- normally I do this in silence! As I really need to focus on the grammar etc. But then I tend to go over the chapter once relatively quckly (for missing TL) then again another 1-2 times just to really focus on it. So it's not all in once batch :) Doesn't take me too long to do a chapter (depending on the project tho of course!)

cleaning- I can watch movies/listen to music/audio books when I do this! Or I ask my bf to do a mix on his decks e.e. dance/techno music or drum and bass or something XD like my own lil gig! XD so yeah cleaning can be good for doing other things!!! :P oh though i cant watch a new film as I won't be 100% concentrating of course

TSing- normally I do this whilst my bf mixes (again). Normally i cant do it to 'normal' music because the words confuse me haha like when you hear people talking and you're writing and you start writing what they say!! (well i get that sometimes). Another thing I TS to is when my bf plays a game? Like on the PS2/3, XBOX360 etc. I guess I can also clean whilst he plays! We tend to play RPGs so it's great to edit to, as I can look up and watch now and again but when he's levelling up etc. I can just focus on TSing :)

That's what I do anyway xD I find it great fun hehe

oh when I scan, it's a similar thing- I watch/listen :D But scanning does require concentration as you have to make sure the settings are right, pages scanned ok and no blurring (which can be a pain!)

wow long answer... sorry! XD

Scanning - really fun, so I usually finish everything at one go. It's only when the com lags then boohoo :(

TLing - among everything, this takes the longest ~_~ Need to keep referring to a dictionary xD Normally I'd PR and TL at the same time, to make sure I don't get bored xD

PR - I read manga and PR at the same time xD Quite fun xD

TS - I try to open 4~8 pages at a time, then TS in all the text that are in the same font first. Makes me feel like I finish faster that way xD I'd listen to music, and maybe read my books every few pages xD

CL - OHDEARLORD. This makes me wanna pull all my hair out ~_~ I suck so bad at cloning and finding dust, that every time I ask Ani or Papa or Koko, there's bound to be something wrong :( Normally I use this as a motivation to do more TSing HAHAHA xDDD

QC - haven't done any QC-ing so far xD

Yeaaaaaaaah, this is an interesting question Nekomikoto...

I listen to music when I'm scanning (maybe I'm watching Youtube shows or TV) I also typeset when I'm scanning lol when the dpi is high and I'm doubling up the pages (so it's takes a good minute to do it's thing).

I also listen to music when I'm cleaning or typesetting. Anywho, I try to use more actions to make editing easier. I split up the work by doing a scan prep on everything first, basic cleaning and then cloning+redraws/fanciful covering with words. So yup, I do the same thing as AyukawaAine, I pull out some decent fraction of pages at a time to reduce the clickies.

When it comes to QCing, I pull out everything, minimize them in order and just read through and check through it. Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes not... (At this point, I'm just thinking how exciting it'd be to get it released +____+;;; That's strong motivation.)

But you really need a break for these things... (Like some time to stand up and stretch, walk around, get some yummies or dericious water)

PR - I usually only work on this for long periods of time when I have the motivation to do so XD Otherwise, I often switch between manga and PRing, like Ayu.

CL - Oh, god... 95.gif

Although I'm terrible at cleaning, I actually have the most motivation for it (probably because I'm so slow and I want to do as much as I can before my computer starts acting up again). I tend to listen to music and chat while I clean, since it doesn't require focusing on text, like PRing does. I'd like to work all day, but unfortunately, my computer seems to hate PS; it always starts lagging and freezing after a few hours of keeping PS open. :<

QC - Well, I only PR-QC the text of TD, so it's more or less just like PRing for me, except I tend to finish it more quickly, since it's usually only one chapter at a time and not to difficult to fix. Sadly, I tend to work at night, so when I get to the scary parts, I have to exit out of everything and leave the rest of the chapter for the next day. 99.gif

Edit: And then there are those days (like today) where I just roll around because I have no motivation to do anything... *rolls*

I do a main mixture and there's no fixed stuff on what I'm doing~

I always, always, always have music on (even when i have a headache oni102 ) My focus is just get stuff done or else. Other than threatening myself, i switch between PR-ing, TS-ing, and reading manga. I'm not very productive 'cause of this amazingly I get things done o___o

Thanks for all the advice guys! :D hehehe lol so I think the most popular one is music? hmmm I tried having my tv on the other day, but the stuff on tv were all kinda unfamiliar to me so I ended up watching instead of cleaning oni90

I think I'm pretty hardcore about cleaning. I get so immersed that I don't notice anything until I'm finished with it. On the other side I don't clean when I don't want to. ^^'

It's funny to see people's attitudes toward cleaning. It's not that bad, just very very very time consuming (damn dusts). I don't stay focused at all. My attention span is very short and I get irritated when I stay focused for a long period. That's why I stay on chat box to divert my attention. That's why I can only finish cleaning/redrawing 4 pages so far (in 1 day). Not very productive!

*That's why I whine so much on chat box when I work on cleaning. It is not because I hate doing the job. It is to divert my attention and mitigate my irritation.

Edited by Sam