Sign in to follow this  
listener

Presentations.

what are you presenting?

and honestly, the only thing i can tell you is to just present with confidence. do not show the audience you are nervous even though you're about to pee your pants. and talk TO them. don't talk AT them. they're two different things that i can't explain LOL.and when you speak, try not to stutter/stumble/etc and speak clearly. just remember the sooner you do it, the sooner you can get it over with. no one will remember 'oh that's the person who gave an awful presentation LOLOLOLOL' so don't be afraid. ^__^

good luck. (:

Remember to breathe while presenting! You may not notice, but you might talk faster than normal, and breathing helps you slow down. It also adds more time to the presentation, which can be nice if it's timed. To you, you'll probably sound really slow, but to the listener, it's probably at a normal pace. Trust me, I've been there, done that. -__- Make sure to enunciate your words!

Try standing with your feet at shoulder width, and breathe from your lower belly. It helps you produce a more fuller, richer voice. If you get really nervous, just look over the head of the person at the very back D: although looking at members of the audience from time to time would be great.

Practice makes perfect~

Good luck! 27.gif

This thread would really help me too. I've heard a lot of advice, including everything Ash said, but I can't help being nervous. I have terrible stage fright, which is different from just being bad at presenting. 99.gif

I'm sorry I can't really help from any personal experience, but I do suggest not really looking them in the eye or face when you "look" at them; just look at something near them that doesn't move or something. I've also heard that just pretending they're not there helps too (not that it helps me).

good luck with your presentation!!

I agree with all the points mentioned really :) Just remember to breathe! Also, be sure you really know your presentation backwards- so that you don't panic if you can't remember something. What I try to do is practice it alone and then in front of my bf or parents and they tell me what they think (or you can in front of a friend!), With this feedback you can change bits/ improve etc. And once you really know it well, you will feel a lot better about doing it in front of others :)

I also find that I talk reallllly fast when presenting- but it might be good after each break to count backwards from 10 in your head - so you ensure a good breath for people to absorb what you are saying :) Also by talking fast, you quicken the heartbeats of your listeners (research suggests!) so if you're nice and slow, they feel more relaxed and enjoy listening to you :)

but dont worry- presenting is a really difficult skill- and I agree with Cadice, practice makes perfect! If you do something wrong you can always joke about it! I've done that before :D So if you mess up you can always make a joke (depending on the presentation and your audience!)

good luck! :D

Thanks for all the help hints! They really helped me out.

The first presentation was great. The second....oni33Oh well...

Once again thanks!

Oh and Ash, it was blood drive (health) and black holes(physci)

Nice. Congrats on doing well on at least one of your presentations. XD

good job! (: how did you do on your other presentation? or did you not do it yet?

The non-blah one?

i passed it with flying colors! i did notice that my mouth wanted to talk to fast, but i was warned beforehand!