Sign in to follow this  
Kenshin

I have no idea how to handle this.....

Somewhere on my roof, there is a sparrow's nest. And as I was returning from school one day I take out my headphones and hear an annoyingly loud chirping, I look down on the ground and find one of the sparrow's nestlings on the ground.12.gif There was some blood around it, and I worried I had stepped on the poor guy until I noticed ants crawling around the blood......I called my dad to ask him about what to do, but he told me it was most likely kicked out of the nest for a reason, and I should leave it be. It was just laying in the sun chirping, so I figured some predator would come along and off it before the next day. I felt really bad about it, but I went out and checked it the next day, and I found it was still very much alive and healthy. 54.gifIt had rained last night, so I figured it would have died from the cold, but it had actually crawled over under my patio overhang into a clump of weeds that had grown between the cracks in the concrete. The little guy was actually foolishly biting at the weeds in hopes of food. I don't know what it was, but it was obvious he was doing his best to live, and it touched me. I fed him some pieces of bread dipped in water, and placed him in a box with some old towels in the garage (the house was out because of our cat, and we're entering summer, so I figured the garage wouldn't get too cold, but I kept a hotpad running on low just in case) But in actuality I have no idea what I'm doing....I know what type of bird he is so I figure I could feed him, but I'm not sure if I'm going about this at all, and if I really should be doing this in the first place, or if I should just let nature take its course........99.gif10.gif

oh nooo oni41 I hope the sparrow is ok! It could have been pushed out by accident or on purpose >.< I'm not 100% sure what to suggest- but have you rung the RSPCA? Or the equivalent wherever you live xD or a local vet? sometimes they can give you advice- like put it back in the nest, keep it alive and let it fly away etc. but as its a baby (?) it needs to b trained by an adult which of course you can't do >.< as you cant fly 8D best bet is to contact a local vet/authority to ask them :) good luck! ^^ hope he/she is ok!

CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE oni43!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

but yes I agree with lat, you cant fly :D so it would need another birdy to teach it oni41 I agree with lat you should try and call those people and see what they tell you

but im worried if you put it back in the nest would it just get kicked out again? oni21

Ah, I tried to figure out a way to get up to the nest, but its on the roof and all of the ladders in the garage aren't long enough. I guess it really shouldn't matter though because it died last night as I was going to get it more food 12.gif22.gif80.gif I should have expected as much, he seemed like he had trouble breathing and I couldn't figure out why.......... ;n;

awww nooooo poor birdie oni21 oni21 oni21 oni21 oni21oni41 oni41 oni41 wahhhhh

that reminds me when i was little, there was an adult sparrow next to a tree and i went, picked it up and brought it at home. It started flying around the house and in he evening my aunt, granny and i went and sended the bird away. i know its unreladed, but i couldnt help myself oni106

good luck with the bird oni43