Sign in to follow this  
madora_spark

please don't get depressed by my words: IMF

So, the truth is that i've taken a project in my university about the much-hated IMF. I'm more looking for the legal aspects of this matter, but since i'll be talking about its activities too, i thought about writing about its activities in a world-scale level. So, i would reaaaallyyyyy appreciate it if someone would tell me about how IMF operates (at a very general way, i don't wanna put you in that much trouble) in his/her country-if they have it- and how everyday people think of it and its activities...

Being from Greece, i know it's not a pleasant topic,it's also a complex topic, but if you would like to share your experience or voice your opinion in general about IMF, i would thank you again and again!!! :)

Lol, I almost deleted this topic since it looked like a typical spam post.

Btw, I'm from Germany. ;)

Thank you! I've read about Romania that recently people are demostrating, because they are resentful to the policies of IMF and are asking Basescu to resign.But i didn't know, and it inerested me, which social layer is most displeased and suffers the most from IMF, though i'm almost sure that it is the middle class, and if that revolt was representative of the opinion of the world. I will read the articles of the page of IMF, as i mainly do, but i wanted to have a more realistic view of the subject!

"Lol, I almost deleted this topic since it looked like a typical spam post."<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Oh you people from Germany, you always misunderstand us Greeks.I'm just kidding, no misunderstanding please! :)

I, uh...feel kind of pathetic for saying this, but what the heck is IMF and what does it mean? It looks like some kind of financial thing, but does it have bigger implications for the world? I apparently live inside a bubble and know nothing of world issues ><.

I, uh...feel kind of pathetic for saying this, but what the heck is IMF and what does it mean? It looks like some kind of financial thing, but does it have bigger implications for the world? I apparently live inside a bubble and know nothing of world issues ><.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply!! You don't have to feel pathetic of course :)

So, in few words, IMF stands for International Monetary Fund. I'm pretty sure that by now it has made itself pretty much notorious to many countries, but i'll describe it as an international organization that has as task to supervise, give technical support and to grant credits to its members (which are around 186).

I can get into some details if you want to, i'm not that objective though, since i'd really like it to abolish or dramatically limit its power (well then maybe i'm objective to think all of that 39.gif)